Before we look into what all are top 10 best Screen Recording Software are, let’s see what exactly it is. Screen Recording Software is used for recording the videos of your computer screen.
There is various Screen Recording Software available, which helps you in achieving the goal of screen recording. Also, there is a lite extension available in google chrome to record your computer’s screen with just one click. It enables users to record any area of their computer screen, or they can save screenshots also. There are online screen recorders also available.
There are few scenarios in which a screen recorder can be life savior and functional in solving user problems. The following are a few of the many applications in which a screen recorder can help you.
- Learning becomes better when associated with pictures, and it becomes best when associated with videos. Videos increase the probability of understanding of any topic. Now with the functionality of a screen recorder, you can quickly screen record demonstration. This will enable learners to learn conveniently.
- It can definitely be useful in the field of technical support. In tech support, users encounter many problems. With the help of a screen recorder, you can easily increase customer support by recording videos of recurring problems.
- It can also be used to solve the issue of demonstration of the software and save tips and tricks.
- Consider you are taking an online course, and you want to jot down key points. With the help of a screen recorder, you don’t really need to do that. Screen record an essential part of the course you can refer to later.
These videos can be later on uploaded on different platforms such as YouTube, Instagram, etc. Through the support of these platforms, you can also share videos that can be helpful to others. Most importantly, you will be solving problems that you faced now and other people will be facing later.
- 1 10 Best Screen Recording Software – Free and Paid
- 2 Conclusion
10 Best Screen Recording Software – Free and Paid
Screencast-O-Matic is a screen recording platform that beliefs in providing an easy solution to video recording and editing. It also eliminates the cost factor for using this software as it is entirely free of cost.
- It allows users to share, record, and edit videos.
- Fortune 100 companies and individuals trust Screencast-O-Matic in 190 countries.
- Students use Screencast-O-Matic for learning and in work to streamlined business needs.
- There is one limitation that is watermark is available on videos made with the free version.
2. Screen Recoder by IceCream Apps
Screen Recoder is a screen recorder that helps the user record any area of your screen and save it as a screenshot. There are various options available for recording, such as games, videos, tutorials, webinars, etc.
- It gives you the functionality of selecting the area which you want to record, and also, you can set video quality.
- It records the screen along with the audio.
- You can add notes and annotations in the video which you recorded. You can add your own watermark also.
- There is only a WEBM video format available in the free version.
- You can only record videos of 10 mins with the free version.
3. iSpring Free Cam
iSpring Free Cam is a screen recorder software which is mostly used to create videos for training purpose. Using this, you can easily create solutions for complex problems.
- In this software, as it is used for creating tutorial videos, you can easily screencast your voice. It helps in producing narrated tutorials to explain complex topics.
- To draw attention to a particular area for the tutorial, you can use spotlight mouse actions.
- Another interesting feature available to you is Picture-in-picture, which you can screencast along with presentation video.
- No webcam recording is available.
- Saves recording in WMV.
Camtasia is used for creating professional-looking videos with minimal efforts of users. It is the unique and the best software for creating interactive videos with different features mentioned below.
- It is faster and easy to learn. You need to spend a lot of money on learning skills to use the software. It can be operated easily for screen recording.
- It allows you to edit audio clips by choosing audio from your library you want to use. It helps you in getting perfect audio for your video. That’s the reason why might be it’s considered the best software for creating video for all the platforms.
- You can also add zoom and pan to animate your video. You can also add quizzes to increase interaction.
- When using the free version, you cannot make videos for commercial purposes.
- The free version is available for 30 days only.
5. ScreenFlow by Telestream-Mac Only
ScreenFlow is a software used for video editing and recording, which allows you to record with high quality, which can be viewed along with retina display. It is provided with more features also.
- It gives you high-quality video features along with retina display.
- You can also export different media because around 500,000 media library is available.
- ScreenFlow is easy to create animated GIF and PNG export from Screenflow.
- Using the option of closed caption support, you can easily add subtitles to your videos.
- You will have to pay a significant amount to upgrade from the previous version.
- In this also watermark cannot be removed in the free version.
6. DVDVideoSoft’s Free Screen Video Recorder
DVDVideoSoft is free and easy to install, which allows you to capture the screen of your monitor. It also includes step by step features on how to create videos. It is bundled with features that are mentioned below.
- DVDVideoSoft can be used to capture multiple windows at a time, including multi-level menus.
- Videos can be saved in a variety of formats such as BMP, JPEG, GIF, etc.
- It is free and easy to install.
- For highlighting purpose you can use cursor path highlighting for better clarity of videos.
- No picture-in-picture mode available.
- User needs to accept third party application download.
It is an open-source software which is used to create videos along with the audio. It can easily convert your video from one format to another. There are various features of Camstudio which are listed down.
- In Camstudio, you can easily add captions to your video.
- You can record picture-in-picture easily with a screen recording option simultaneously.
- If you get any trouble in using the software, then you are also provided with the option of built-in help.
- Camstudio is free to use. You don’t need to pay anything to use it.
- Users complain of declining offers they receive after installation of products.
Ezvid is a free video and screen capture software. It claims to be using your system’s processing power to increase the speed of the screen recording process. The following are the features of Ezvid:
- It includes some really cool features such as facecam and an option for voice synthesis.
- Once you have created your video, you also get the option to edit your video to enhance it.
- You don’t need to spend hours recording and making videos. It can be done in minutes.
- Online forums have a bad review about it that it is glitchy and laggy.
- Ezvid requires 10 GB space
TinyTake is a screen capture and video recording software that allows you to various operations. Using it, you can capture screen, annotate it, and share it on your social media accounts easily.
- This can be used for free but you will get very limited features to use with it.
- You can also add graphics from your local drive for annotating files.
- The software for mobile devices optimizes built-in-viewer.
- Free version is extremely limited to features.
- But there is no free version which can be used for the commercial purpose videos.
SmartPixel is used for designing videos for games purposes but it can be used for other options also. It can actually record everything which is displayed on your screen. It was developed by keeping in mind that it will be used for games, it works pretty smoothly.
- You can easily record HD videos using Smartpixel. It will also optimize disk space. So that you won’t run out of space.
- SmartPixel will also provide you with post-editing functionalities which include clipping, merging, dubbing, etc.
- There is no option available for a multilingual version.
If you search for screen recording software, then you will be provided with a many software. It will be difficult for you to select one among many. Therefore to make your task easy, here are some of the best tools used according to your use. Most importantly, it is necessary to have software for screen recording if you need to create videos for commercial, education, or learning purposes. It will not only create videos, but it will also increase the engagement of your audience by adding extra special effects.